Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Yarn Party!

Yesterday it was a yarn party at Gretl's house. Sorting an enormous stash by color. And a fabulous lunch with good girlfriends. Sigh. What could be better?! I could only stay for an hour, so I didn't actually partake of the sorting part, only(!) fabulous lunch. For a full report, as always, Melody has it!



Sophie is ready to go, decked out in knits head to toe, as all the girlfriends will be. (Baby Albert bunting-the baby bunting version of the Einstein coat from "The Knit Stitch", booties from "Knitting for Baby", and fairisle pompom hat-no pattern.) She was a dream baby and slept upstairs while the girlfriends gabbed.




Baby close-up!



Melody and Frieda wearing beautiful knits. Melody's was knitted herself, and Frieda's inspired me to get another fair isle goin'.



Here I am, wearing lavendar cabley goodness. That's Manos. Hmmm, speaking of lavendar cabley goodness, here is the progress report on Mariah.



I blocked Mariah on the needles, to see how well behaved the cuff edge would be. It worked! I have made some progress on the sleeve since this picture, so more photos tomorrow.

And here is a beautiful free pattern for cabled gauntlets by Savannahchik that might sidetrack me this week. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Hi, Emily. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have posted a pretty poor picture of my progress on Mariah. I will have to see if I can get a better one to post. I have almost completed two pattern repeats on the first sleeve. No problems with the pattern so far.

Your Mariah sleeve looks great! I love the lavender color!

Oh, and do you have a cute baby? WOW! She is adorable!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Emily darling, the pictures of Sophie are THE MOST ADORABLE EVER. I nominate her for Knitted Kid of the Year.
Love Mel

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home