Thursday, July 26, 2007

Belle

Here she is--my finished Belle! I ripped and re-knit 3/4 of the back.

And, now: Look! No dyelot stripe!


Details:

Pattern: Belle, from Mission Falls book Quinte Scrapbook.

Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 cotton, color Cosmos. The color is most true in the first photo. Its an old color, but it is still so great. In fact, it might be possible that I have 2 more sweaters worth of this color in my yarn closet. However, no one is around right now who is willing to confirm that rumor.

No changes to pattern. Wait, I may have made it longer. I made it 23.5" in length and I believe the pattern was shorter but I can't find it right now.


Was it worth the big rip? YES. Will it be my knitting-soiree-go-to-sweater? I haven't worn it yet in this 80 degree weather and only wearing will tell. But so far I know: it is comfy, it is sweet. I give it an A.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm knocked over. I've been looking for a slighly boxy/shaped (not an oxymoron to me), stylish (i.e., no bottom band) cabled cardigan. You made it and made it well.

Nancy, Knitting Wench

12:12 AM  
Blogger aija said...

I love it! The color's great, too.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Definitely worth the extra time it took to rip!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sweater! Thanks for sharing it - enjoy!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give it an A++.
And you also get extra credit for ripping and reknitting.
Absolutely lovely.KS

10:14 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Sweet mercy, that's a fine looking cardigan! It was so worth the re-knit to eliminate the stripe. Tres Belle!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color is beautiful, I soooo wish I could knit.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In summer, you show off the handknit cardigans by TYING THEM AROUND YOUR NECK. As if you are worried about a chilly breeze kicking up at any moment.

I have some Rowan handknit cotton in that orchid pink color, saving it for a cardi for myself....your Belle is awesome. xox Kay

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! It is such a great color ( for ME!) Did you make the skirt as well?

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice - I give it an A too!
Nice color

Did you get your package?? Hope so : )
rohanknitter

9:06 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Not only beautiful ... it looks great on you also!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Wow, great colour, nice work.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it looks wonderful. i love that pattern.

i think my grandmother made me a sweater in that same color 30 years ago. unfortunately it was acrylic.

9:39 AM  
Blogger April said...

Ooo, pretty! What a lovely sweater. Me likey.

5:08 PM  
Blogger laura west kong said...

It's amazing and that color is the best!!! Makes me want to run down to the nearest yarn shop.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home