Friday, February 01, 2008

Weekend Edition

Knitting continues on the Koigu turtleneck!


I was 5 stripes up on the body when I thought it might be a good idea to check my gauge. I laid the sweater out on the shirt I am copying.



My gauge is just a tad too loose, but sadly, that adds up to more than 2 inches in the overall sweater. Froggggg.

However, (silver lining) since I am starting over on the body, I am taking this opportunity to eliminate 2 of the colors which were bothering me. The dark green stripe (second stripe from the bottom in the photo above) and the bright blue stripe (fourth stripe from the bottom) are hitting the road. They stand out too much. The other 5 colors meld really well. I think I still have enough yarn to finish it, and I can always dye something if I'm coming up short.

Or, I am also considering keeping the lighter and darker colors in the sleeves, just not in the body. So, the sleeves would be just a little more stripey, colorful, contrast-y, but the body would be more solid looking.

So the sleeve is staying for now, just hibernating, until I get the body done up to the armholes, figure out where I stand on yarn, and how I like the stripes with less contrast.
And, since we're on the subject of sock yarn for sweaters, take a look at this super-cutie! Hope you are all having a nice, cozy, knitterly weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

How fun to see the different colorways of Koigu together. I really like the stripes and can't wait to see the FO. :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

yes, I'm glad you took the green out of the body: it was bothering me too!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see the finished sweater! Taking the green out of the equation will perhaps give it a calmer impression, like a painting of Monet.

Thanks for linking Emily!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home