Thursday, March 12, 2009

Road Trip!



This week I've been busy getting ready for my second-ever vending experience. This time, it's the Madison Knitting Guild's Knit-In.


I've never been before, but I was invited to apply after the organizer saw my booth at Yarn Con. Although I'm not looking to start vending on a regular basis, Madison is only about 2 hours from me, so it seemed do-able. Not to mention, when I found out that the Harlot is their guest speaker, I thought it sounded like a ton of fun!


My sources tell me, that once the Harlot blogged it, registrations started pouring in, and they are expecting record attendance. I won't be able to hear her speak since I will be working, but I am looking forward to basking in the party atmosphere of happy knitters that will be encircling the campus.

If you are coming, please say hi!

*My quilt above is "I'm Buggin" from 1996 and can be found in the book Contemporary Quilts: Quilt National 1997. Not that it is related to the Knit-In (only via the travel theme) but the blog feels naked without a photo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Very excited!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish I was going. Your quit is awsome. It reminds me of an exhibit in the Museaum of Modern Art in NY.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jackie's Stitches said...

Love the quilt!

Too bad you won't get to see the Yarn Harlot, she is funny!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home