Thursday, November 03, 2005

Brought To You By Your Friendly Neighborhood Four Year Old (With Scissors)

Presenting my new Koigu lace scarf.



I used the Vine Lace pattern from IK Spring 2000 "A Scarf of Your Very Own" by Ann Budd. I cast on a few less repeats because I wanted a narrower splash-of-color-with-my-jean-jacket type of scarf, not a full blown winter scarf. I used 2 skeins of Koigu solid in bright blue.

Actually, not quite 2 skeins.

While winding up the second skein, I discovered that this is what I had to work with:


Due to this:



Thanks to this:



*Don't forget, your Survivor predictions are due! I'm going with Gary tonight, and I'll be knitting Willow. Who will be voted off tonight?
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I've had some overeager package openings that have resulted in that kind of yarn situation. The scarf is lovely. I'll go with Brandon tonight. They are idiots for keeping Steph around.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the narrow line of the scarf. That was a good idea!
And Miss Scissorhands looks likes she isn't convinced she's finished. ;)
I'm going with Judd again. Now that they've merged, perhaps the dynamics have changed. You'll have to go to my blog to SEE what I'm knitting as it's not been identified yet.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knitting mittens - it will be cold here sometime. Tonight I think Dani will be gone. Now that they're merging it should get better.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Great scarf!
I keep waiting for one of my kids to discover that scissors are fun to use on hair...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Hey, you finally got your lacy scarf, that's a pretty shade of blue ;)

Well what did you expect me to say?

Isn't Ann Budd the best?!

And what a clever neice I have, she does look awfully friendly. Take heart, you can always use the bits of Koigu for tops and toes of socks.

I went to the Survivor picture site to see who to pick and I saw that they already announced it was Brandon. Good going, Lauren!

I will knit my new blue winter hat that I just started. Its Trekking on #1 dpns with 250 stitches. Looks like it will be for next winter.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Koigu makes great fringe. If it will make you feel any better I will donate more short lengths of koigu than you could or would ever want and we'll make the ultimate fringed something together.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case I forget to vote tomorrow Emily, I'm going with Jamie this week - I'll be in Iowa City for a college tour.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home