Monday, February 20, 2006

Sleevio Due (That's Italian)

Actually, I made up the "sleevio" part. I don't know what the Italian word for sleeve is.

I hesitated about whether or not to confess about the Ene's. Am I cracking under pressure? Could I go over to the dark side?

Tempting.

But I am so close.

And I have realized something important.

If I finish a wool sweater this weekend, I will single-handedly guarantee the Midwest an early spring, with 60 degree temps for the rest of February and March. (This would be the same power by which I ended our drought last fall when I had my garage sale.)



And since all I have to show today is a boring second sleeve, how about a bonus picture. Here's the Irish Hiking Scarf that I finished before the Olympics to give to our Kindergarden teacher for Valentine's day (I hereby declare Valentine's Day the Crafter's Late Christmas).


Very nice pattern. Three skeins Classic Elite Inca Alpaca. Super soft. And his teacher called me that night to thank me personally! I was so happy. I think she liked it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, had someone given me a scarf like that, I would have walked/driven all the way to their house to thank them. Please teach me how to knit a sweater! I can only do straight lines, no patterns.....but I can sew!
Have a good productive day.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, me again, just wanted to give you this url.

http://www.fjsmjs.com/Mary/moebiusscarf.htm

in case it doesn't come through it is a moebius scarf.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I was surfing knit bloggies tonight and came upon yours and LOVE your Olympic knitting. And I'm really glad your child is not in my kids' class! ;) You definitely win for best parent!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home