Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Babies Are Coming!

All of a sudden babies are popping into my life all over the place. Friends, relatives, acquaintances, and even a teacher.

I have a very good friend and a sister in law that I planned to give big gifts to, and I asked them if they wanted something knitted or quilted. They both said quilted.

This baby quilt is for my friend who already had her baby (gulp--six weeks ago. I'm such a bad friend.) She wanted yellow and mint green.


(Photographing projects at 11pm does not do them justice.)



Current stage of completion: basted and ready for quilting.


Yes, I basted with straight pins. Lazy girl.


The other one is for my SIL and she requested primary colors. This baby hasn't been born yet. It is due tomorrow. (I'm going to be an auntie for the first time!!!!!)

I had such a feeling of responsibility as to finishing the first one first--doing them in order--but the first one will have to be sent to NYC, wheras my little nephew will be born this week, and I hope to see them over Thanksgiving, so I could give it to them in person.


So I go back and forth between the two quilts, hoping to get them both done before Wednesday.


Oh yeah, that's tomorrow. Oops.


And then there's this:

Hey.. what's THAT gonna be?

8 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

congrats! soon to be auntie. thise quilts are going to be so sweet.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an oh so cute bootie to be sure. I have seen Julie Upshaw knit several of them like that. I have yet to try that challenge. good luck finishing those baby quilts Superwoman :)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO a booty sole!.....Right?

8:17 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

You always seems to accomplish the impossible. I have faith.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow. can you send some of that amazing energy this way? beautiful as always.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Wow--I love that quilt pattern! And I'm sure you can get them both done by Thanksgiving. And, oh yes, cook dinner too. ;)
At some point I would love to see some more picture tutorials showing the stages of your quilting. It's amazing!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love the quilts - so cute and I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to finish.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hi Emily:

I heard Lime and Violet mention the yarn that you sent on their podcast! Congratulations. I know Etsy had an outage around that same time (argh!), but I hope you saw some business from it!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home