Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Much News

1. Dulaan Knit In Last Weekend.

Had a great time with blogless Jodee. Met great new people. Saw great old (as in, previously-met) people. Made a hat!

Used Bonne Marie's pattern. (except I forgot the purl row in the beginning so it has the roll brim, but I think the recipient won't mind). I double stranded worsted weight yarn and used the denim throughout, and changed the other color every 10 rows or so, until I got to the top where I made it solid navy.

Franklin is just one outstanding human being. So witty, charming, talented, kind, sarcastic, humble, and maybe a little bit shy (?)--all rolled up in one unique person. He did such a great job organizing the event, and fun was had by all. Not to mention some seriously productive knitting for a very worthy cause. Thank you Franklin!

2. Finished the quilt.

Un-cropped and un-edited picture of not quilt finished (the binding isn't sewn down) quilt on my design wall. All the quilts were hung today by the other members of the CSOF (that's the Chicago School of Fusing). We have a special exhibit at the Greater Chicago Quilt Exposition in Schaumburg this weekend. A few of you commented that you might be there. Sorry, I am behind on all of my comments and e-mails, but I'll be there on Friday and Saturday, so if you see me please say hi! I would love to meet a few readers.

3. On the TV. I know this is short notice, but it really snuck up on me. The other episode of DIY that we taped last June airs tomorrow, Wednesday, at 10:30 EST. (That's 9:30 for us Chicago folks.) I really loved the little project that I did for this episode! Set those Tivos tonight!

4. Shop Update. Also tomorrow. I've dyed heavier on the monochromatic colors this time, in case people are itching to start a shawl. I've started one!

And check out Jan's gorgeous Flower Basket shawl in Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn.

One skein would make a small shawl or scarf, and two would make most medium or large shawls.

5. Other Knitting Has Been Taking Place.

Updates on that shortly.

Whew. That's a lot. I'll leave you with some close ups of the finished quilt "Red Poppies".





13 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

How did you finish that so quickly?!

12:44 AM  
Blogger lisette said...

Emily those poppies are gorgeous! did you dye the fabric?

4:27 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

the quilt is fabulous.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

THe poppies are gorgeous. I love the colours and so intensely quilted! I am very impressed.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Emily I have to ask, do you feed your children? and is your house clean? cause I have not been anywhere near that productive, and mines a mess! and my kids have resorted to ramen. luckily they are big enough to make it themselves.

8:40 AM  
Blogger erin said...

absolutely gorgeous. you've got mad skillz.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely incredible!! I love the way you use the colors in that quilt!

5:19 PM  
Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

I really love the quilt. The colours get my heart racing! Lovely.

3:48 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Gorgeous!!!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel kinda dumb asking this, but what colour thread do you use for quilting the top? (change with each section or a general colour or what. i'm curious)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Dorie said...

What a beautiful quilt!

1:39 PM  
Blogger FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

saw your stuff at the EXPO and I had to tell my friends " yeah! and shes got 3 small kids...and dyes yarn and fabric!!!" thanks for making us non parents look SO UNPRODUCTIVE .....hahaha no really we were very impressed..sorry we didn't see you in person ..we would have wanted to beat you up anyway ...IM KIDDING!!!!!!!!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Your Quilt is magnificient..
spelled wrong but you know what I mean :)
Its Great !!
Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home