Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Look Familiar?

I honestly didn't realize that I had just finished a pink eyelet cardigan when I bought the yarn and pattern for this new one. Now that I'm blogging them back to back, I feel like a bit of a goof! I guess I'm just drawn to the same thing!


Anyway, Belle is long sleeeved and this one is short sleeved, so there is a difference! It's the Eyelet Cardigan from Blue Sky Alpacas, and the yarn is Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton in Lotus.

We are back from the 2007 World Tour of the Indiana Grandparents. Lots of swimming, tomato picking, thrifting (yay!) and museums. Thank goodness for great children's museums when its 95 degrees outside and Indiana Humid.

I even did quite a bit of knitting. I am really starting to notice a difference between this summer and last. Last year, I had 2 kids and a baby/toddler, and I spent most of my time chasing after the toddler that wanted to run away and play mommy catch me.

This year, I have 3 kids. Its a big difference, and I have to admit, I'm loving it. It was a difficult year with the terrible twos and things are calming down somewhat.
And school starts in 2 weeks, can you believe it?!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cardi is so sweet - and perfect in pink! One can never have to many stylish cardigans, especially if they are pink.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Love that stitch pattern!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Were you at the Indy Children's Museum? My kids love that place. Every time we went we would take pictures of them by the big faces on the wall (by the theater, I think). They also loved the little bulldozer and construction stuff.

Glad you had a good trip!

Sarah

4:20 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Oh I just love that pattern. I'll be anxious to see how it looks all knitted up - that pink is really pretty.
It is amazing how things change as they get older, isn't it. I rarely got anything "creative" done when mine were very small.
Glad you had a nice trip!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

that's a beautiful pattern and you are doing a fantastic job.
yes, little ones are busy, take a breath.
vicki

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've 'nominated' you for the 'Rockin' girl blogger' in my blog. Unfortunately it's all in norwegian, but the point is to mention 5 blogs you like, so that others will discover them also. :)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, school starts in about 2 weeks here too and we had less vacation time only 5 weeks.
I can't believe how big your 'baby' has become, wow. Summer is certainly children's growing season.

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's the navy blue of India!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home