Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Big Day

This morning I got up extra early. I loaded a bunch of people into my van, talked about the importance of voting--we've been discussing this for weeks now--and took them to the polling place.

Unfortunately, they were a little too short to vote. And they weren't registered. But we had a good lesson, nonetheless! And, they all got stickers! All before school even started.

If you are in a Super Tuesday state, get YOUR people into your van and get out there today!


Did you come here for some Koigu-y goodness?!

I am back up to the 6th stripe again--where I was before I frogged last week. I estimate there will be approximately 18 stripes total in the body, so 6 is good. I feel like I'm making progress. And I'm liking the color combination much better.

I mean, you should be able to see the stripes, otherwise, why go to the trouble of using different colors, why not just use all the same color? I just don't think any one should stick out like a sore thumb.

Here is a photo of the original sweater, from Vogue Fall 2002. As I have mentioned before, this is my all-time favorite issue, and I've made 2 other sweaters from this issue, and have at least one more in my queue.

And one more photo in my bad, overcast-day light, to attempt a close-up of the colors melding together.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'll be voting after work today.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My polling place did not have any stickers ( one of my favorite things about voting) so they put little notes on post it's that said "Yes, I did vote!" Of course they do not stick well to clothes so I feel like a slicker even though I am NOT!
I do like the sweater better the second time around FYI.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHoops that is SLACKER not Slicker

12:14 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

No sticker for me since I voted online from France. But it felt great to vote.

The sweater's looking great! Can't wait to see more. :)

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny blog entry...LOL...

Your sweater looks 'toned' down, yes. But I wouldn't have minded the other colours in it, I'd just be so happy that you were knitting a sweater for me!!!LOL

9:20 AM  
Blogger The Yarn Nut said...

That is going to be a good looking sweater! Check out my new party on my blog. LOL!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

The frogging was worth it....I really like your results and can't wait to see more!!

xo

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home