Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Hello, my friends, long time, no see!

To my fellow readers who celebrate Easter, I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday with friends and family.

How about a little tidbit of spring knitting?

I don't usually get so elaborate with the Easter dresses, but I scored this year: the purple dress was a hand-me-down from a neighbor, and the blue one was from a thrift sale. Knowing that Easter is often chilly, I decided to make little shrugs, and using the white for both tied them together. (There is only so much longer that I can put them in matching outfits, as Older Sister is heavily resisting.)

The yarn is Berroco Glace from stash, and the shinyness of the rayon made the sweaters dressy and looked really nice with the fancy schmancy dresses. Since I was using a heavier weight yarn than the pattern called for, I knit one size smaller garment to compensate.

I see more of these in my future as they are a snap to make and look so stinkin cute, and would be great in Cotton-Ease over tank tops for summer nights.


Pattern: Jane Austen Shrug (Ravelry link) from Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines. I just made one tiny change and used yarn overs instead of M1 for the increases, making it a tad bit lacier.

Super sweet!

This past month has been one thing after another, and I have a backlog of things to show and topics to discuss. Hopefully I can settle in now with some spring sewing and get back to the blog. Are any other moms out there counting down the weeks until school's out? People! I feel like summer vacation is a freight train and it's a coming down the tracks!

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

The shrugs are darling, and they look great on the girls. Nice Job!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

So, they really do fit! The pattern is super cute and they look smashing on the girls.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Emma said...

Sweet little shrugs and even sweeter girls! Everyone needs a bit of fancy sometimes. :)

I too wish that time would slow down - and provide a large amount of crafting time!

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Monica said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're back! The shrugs look so cute--I've had my eye on them since the book came out. You may have just nudged me over the edge...
Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Adorable! The girls, the dresses and shrugs look great!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

The shrugs look awesome and adorable!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

The summer vacation days this year mean that my baby has graduated from high school and will be jumping into college in one single bound!

Am I ready for roomier nest? We shall see. {she won't be far away, just across the Puget Sound at U-Dub, so I can't call it an 'empty' nest.}

my scrambled word is "colleg"...fate?

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home