Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Where were you?

Status: Mom's Poncho, done. Sitcom Chic: 2 more bands, then done. Photo shoot soon, gotta round up my little "helpers".

With almost a clean slate, I needed some more projects. Yesterday I was awakened by a soaking wet baby at 4am (note to self, buy next size up diapers). I tried to go back to sleep, but had too much on my mind (burning question: What To Knit Next). I had intended to poll you all, to help me make a decision, but where were you all at 4:30 am? You had better things to do than show up in my living room? I had to make an executive decision.

Voila:

Miss Dashwood hat from Knitty. This is a "product" project for sure, as I did not enjoy all those bobbles, but its going to be cute as heck. Miss Sophie is going to her first big quilt show this weekend, and she will be decked out, assuming Mommy can get her rear in gear.

In the "process" category, I also need some more travel knitting. I bring you the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

I'm using Rowan Summer Tweed, recycled from a half-finished-and-abandoned sweater project from last year. I love this color, and I was suprised to find out how much I like knitting with this stiff yarn. The gauge is different than the yarn in the pattern, so I'm having to make adjustments, and I am vowing to be patient with this sweater. The stockinette portion will be perfect for knitting on the road this weekend, when I go here. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Earl3d said...

Waaaaaa Waaaaaa Everyone's blogging about going to Paducah but me :( Waaaa

I guess I'll have to make up for it by knitting the same amount this weekend as I would be if I were flying on the plane and driving around like the rest of you.

Anyone who can consider a full-on sweater to be a last minute knitted gift is either crazy or has reached some zen state with their needles that I have no grasp of. It has to be the former.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily- do you hae the pattern corrections for that sweater? If not write me- Carla in Geneva
loomie1@mac.com

3:35 PM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

Hey, Sista-friend,

Have fun with Chief Paduch! I'll be happily staying home.

Kiss that baby and buy her some diapers.

xo

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home