Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Finishing

I've been AWOL!

Sorry!

I knew that life was getting in the way of blogging for awhile, but didn't realize how long it had been. At least I hope I left you with a good cliffhanger....

Retro Prep is really now totally finished. I love it as a cardigan.



On the subject of finishing, here is the green sweater for my daughter that I abandoned in January. This is what it looked like:


I shortened it, and just changing the proportion really helped (not the patterns fault, I knit it too long accidently). The buttons perked it up too.

Then, the embroidery:


And here it is now:


How about a nice action shot of sweater over pajamas:

And the back:


Here it is with the dress:

Daisy, from Knitty.
About 5 (?) balls Queensland Collection Llama Seta. A very soft yarn with a kind of crimped, vintage appearance. Didn't love the yarn. It was very splitty, but probably mostly it was the color, as I'm not fond of yellowish greens.
Odds and ends of Cascade 220 and Karabella Aurora 8 for the embroidery.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I love both of the cardigans. Daisy is so adorable!! I've been meaning to make Retro Prep for 3 years now.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Retro Prep looks great. I'm going to have to learn to steek at some point. And that Daisy sweater--now THAT is fabulous! So cute on your little girl!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jo Griffith said...

Retro-Prep is so timeless! And I love, love, love the daisy sweater. Adorable!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your back - we missed you! Love both sweaters - but the tiny one is killer cute!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

So cute! The daisies are a great addition. I've been waiting to hear your analysis of the VK that just came out. Glad you're back.

5:36 PM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh ... they look great. Those little flowers made the Daisy. Kudos!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

I am so glad you are back. If I had a real life I would high tail over to your house for a lesson on steeking, as I have been saying that for over a year. I love what you have made in this post. Adore it is more like it... you genius you...

2:29 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Both cardigans look great. I love the embroidery. I'm going to have to learn how to do that

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

i LOVE what you've done with both of these sweaters!

11:05 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

your version rules!
sooo cute.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home