Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Have a Plan

Thank you guys for your really nice comments about Remembering Honey. *

Now, about that post last week. I was trying to be funny, but you can't win 'em all. You really don't think I would keep knitting another 12" on a seriously cabled sweater without a plan now do you?! Whether or not it is a GOOD plan, we will see.















What you are looking at here, is the original piece underneath, that will be the back. It is completed up to the armhole shaping. The piece on top is the front, with an additional 2" of moss stitch on either side.

The moss stitch will wrap around to the back and the seam will be 1" in, on the back side. With expert seaming (cough, cough) it shouldn't even show. I'm not quite sure how this affects how the sleeves sew in, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Do you notice how I'm using the word "we"? It makes me feel much more secure doing these crazy things, feeling like I have an army of knitters on my side. xoxoxoxo


*I felt really fat when I looked at the pictures, so Hello Anonymous commenter, I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home