Sunday, June 25, 2006

Crashed

My hard drive, that is. Crashed, died, done. I'm feeling a little lost, looking at a borrowed computer with nothing familiar and no photos.

I was in need of getting a new computer anyway, I just kept putting it off. But I was a big idiot and haven't backed up my hard drive for a few months. So I'm mourning the loss of months of family photos and trying to decide if it is worth it to spend big bucks to send the hard drive out to retrieve them.

Also--if you have sent me e-mail in recent weeks (or months--sorry!) that I've been meaning to respond to, please send again, I have lost all that.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE.

You guys really rocked with all your comments and enthusiasm for the new yarn. I feel the love!!!! I was trying to respond personally to all the comments, but again, I have lost everything that was send to me in e-mail so please don't think me rude!

Several people have asked about when I'll be dyeing again. I hope to do a batch every month. The next batch will be bigger--much bigger, and probably done the second week in July. I will put an announcement on the blog a few days before. And if you would like to receive an e-mail reminder, send your e-mail address to emily (at) emilyquilts (dot) com.

And if you've asked about the tote bags.....I have a few done. I also have a few skeins of yarn that wasn't skeined up in time to go on the blog last week, so if I can get the computer sorted out and etsy loaded up you might see that in the next couple of days or weeks.

Meanwhile, if I'm laying low for awhile, it's because of the hard drive mess. I'm trying to take it in stride and learn my lesson, but it does kind of suck.

In summary, sorry for the lack of photos and content! Next time, cheerier post and pictures of....something. Guaranteed!

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

oh no! our hard drive crashed sometime last year and it was a huge pain. good luck getting it sorted out.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff had a big hard drive crash and sent his off to Drive Savers they were great but it is $$$$$$$!!!!! So sorry!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Tis a good lesson to us all. I am backing up as we speak.

8:00 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I feel your pain. This has happened to us twice, but we were able to salvage the data both times. It wasn't terrribly expensive either, and absolutely worth it for the pix alone. Call your local computer people; someone is bound to do this service locally. If it doesn't work, I know that MIT does it for a little over $100 for employees. If it's worth the cost of shipping, I'd be happy to help. Makes you long for the old days of photo albums, doesn't it?

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOH! I know how you feel! That happened to me two years ago and I felt so traumatized: like I had lost a good friend! When I took my hard drive in to see if they could find anything it was wiped clean with NOTHING on it! Now i'm a crazy back-upper...

9:59 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Gosh, so sorry about the pictures! I hope you can retrieve them. I've really been enjoying the sock I started with my Sophie's Toes in Glade!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

Computers suck big time! I shall swear at mine right now in commiseration with you.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home