Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Favorite Sweater Ever















From Cotton Knits for All Seasons by Debbie Bliss, this is the "Cotton/Silk Aran".
Yarn: Cotton Ease in Licorice (Black)
I added 3" to the length of the body and shortened the sleeves a smidge. I think it took me 6 skeins, but I didn't keep track as well as I should have, it might have been 5.

The maneuver with adding width to the front worked out fine, the side seams are an inch to the back and not noticable or bothersome at all.

I ended up with the wrong stitch count on the front and back bodies at the neck, but just eased it in and it turned out great.














































I *heart* this sweater.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a beauty ( I saw it in person) ! Really well done!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

love it.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Really gorgeous.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

OK I am convinced! I bought the book, have the yarn, and don't have anything nearly as interesting on the needles at the moment. I will print out your pictures as a guide and will no doubt alter a few stitches, but will make this baby! Thanks for the inspiration. I lurve how this looks, and have wanted a raglan aran for-ever.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now while it's still fresh in your mind you can knit one for me!!!!!!!
I'll take an olivey brown!!

11:35 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I heart that sweater too! Nice work!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'd love to see it on you...(hint, hint).

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it is wonderful!!! I sat down and learned how to make cables after seeing this sweater. I don't have much confidence in following a pattern like that for a whole sweater yet but I don't see it as a total imposibility anymore. The patterning on that sweater is just exquisite.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, Emily. I've been casting about (no pun intended) for a challenging pattern that I'd actually want to wear and I think this is it!

Whoa! My word verification is *hextop*. What' are the odds of THAT!?

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home