Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dino Quilt!

I feel like I’ve been posting a lot about kid’s projects recently, but, hey, that’s what summer is all about here at WTGB.

And so, rather than show you another photo of the Flower Basket Shawl (I'm on repeat 15--so it looks the same, only bigger), I’ll show you what we’ve been working on, quilting-wise, this week.

A dinosaur quilt for my 6yo, based on a drawing he did.



I was thinking of doing a little tutorial of how I translated this into fabric from my son’s picture. Leave a comment if you would like to see this. If I think that anyone would find it helpful; I’ll be sure to follow up with it.



Meanwhile, I am taking the kids today to grandpop’s house on Crooked Lake. One last short hurrah before we start school next week. I’ll catch up with you on Monday!

10 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

hi emily
i would love to see how you made the quilt :) i've often thought of 'translating' my kids' drawings into quilts or cushions but not known where to start.

cheers

9:33 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Of course I'd like to see a tutorial. I can always learn something new.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I love it! Can't wait for my boy to start drawing some representational things so we can do crafts like this. Thanks.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm voting/hoping for a how-to type thing too. it sounds fascinating and i have no idea how to start.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu're so smart. Making a note to self to copy you...

6:10 PM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Cuuuute! I would like to see that tutorial too.

8:17 AM  
Blogger laura west kong said...

it's wonderful! I just love kids' art. I've never tackled such a big enlargement of any of my DD's drawings, we've made a few wall hangings though.

12:58 AM  
Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

if you're up to it ;-) by all means post about your process. that would be swell!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily yer killin me. Please, do a tutorial on this or ANYTHING, willya????

And while I'm waiting (I'm waiting, I'm waiting), can you just say whether this is pieced or appliqued????

So inspiring as always.

3:38 PM  
Blogger AR said...

That's so cool. He'll treasure it forever! I'd love to see how you did it.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home