Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Five


I was going to write a long post about the feelings I had five years ago today. A mushy ode to this sweet one. But I sometimes worry about boring you with all the personal stuff on the blog.

I will condense it down to this: five years ago today, holding this little baby girl, I knew for the first time what it was to be the mother of a daughter. I felt like a whole other world had opened up to me and it was freakin magical.

I think she likes it.


Birthday princess dress:


Butterick pattern BP187, and all the fabric and trim came from Joann's.


I love this sweet trim!


In other birthday news, we did a craft today involving thrift store jeans and this awesome ladybug ribbon I got at the Chicago Quilt Festival.


Also and Old Navy tee-shirt and new birthday paint on a freezer paper stencil.

Sorry for the lack of links, I'm tired, I'll follow up with more on this project when the paint dries.

For those of you who might be bored with the kid theme, here’s a sneak peek at a knitting FO I’ll show you later this week.

Honk if you recognize it!

And here is an overview of the current stuff I’m trying to finish because I’m dying to get started on new projects:

Dino quilt


Belle sweater


Violets cardi

So basically, the past few days I’ve been caught up in the birthday whirlwind, trying to finish up some loose ends, and dyeing yarn for a shop update (hopefully late next week).

Tonight we did the big birthday celebration which will be repeated on Saturday with grandparents, aunts, and uncles. (Geez-why can't eveyone's birthday be on a weekend?!)

Also, today, somebody announced that they were ready to potty train.

And another's loose tooth that had been dangling for weeks finally came out.

AND(!) I let my 200th post go by without the big fanfare and CONTEST that I promised. It’s because I wanted to do it all up with a preview of upcoming projects, and I haven’t finished the current projects above to let myself start the new stuff. But it is coming.

Whew.

What was I just saying about being able to relax a little now that the kids were in school?!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You amaze me I CAN NOT believe you got the dress done! Also were the pictures I took so BAD that you choose a HEADLESS one??
Emily, Emily! M. might be a princess but you are the Queen!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Five is fabulous! Love the dress.
Seeing all of your projects in process inspires me...I'm feeling unproductive this week. Gotta get motivated!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm honking! I recognize it!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Trope said...

Okay, Carole, Emily, what is it? I don't recognize the shawl, but I love it and want to know the pattern!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Honk, honk!

Great princess dress.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little birthday princess!
I wanna know what the pattern is too. :)

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Princess! You did it, congrats to you too.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pretty princess....and Violet Cardi looks pretty special too!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

You are such a good Mommy! HB to Miss Molly!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Love the tower o'cupcakes - and the dress. That is one happy birthday girl and brother!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home