Monday, September 18, 2006

It's Picture Day at Preschool, Break Out the Handknits!

When the teachers informed me on Friday that "picture day" would be Monday, I was a little disgruntled. Two days is not a lot of notice to get together that most perfect outfit that will make her look angelic and live forever in school-picture infamy.

Luckily for us, we have handknits that turn out too big and go to the dresser in the hallway to be forgotten and marinate for a year or two and come out looking just right.

Here is my Molly in sweater "Molly", from Junior Knits by Debbie Bliss. Cotton Ease in Strawberries and Cream. From my notes, I believe it took three skeins.

Going through the blog archives to find the finished picture of this sweater from way back when, I discovered some bad blog-keeping. There was no finished picture! Sacre Bleu!

Flipping through the pages, I also realized something else: my deep and longlasting love for the yarn that is Cotton Ease.

I am proud to present you, dear readers, with:

"Cotton Ease, a Year in Review"


March 2005: "A Good Bias" (click the link for more details)


May 2005: Sitcom Chic


May 2005: Miss Dashwood


August 2005: Miss Bea


Miss Bea WIP--a better shot of the sweater


October 2005: Sam


January 2006: Sugar Plum


May 2006: Remembering Honey


June 2006: Raglan Aran

And do you want to hear something scary? All these sweaters have just made a small dent in my C-E stash. I find myself reaching for the C-E sweaters in my closet again and again. You will be seeing more of this yarn on the blog in upcoming months.

And speaking of what's upcoming, I am making a determined effort to get back in the saddle of regular blogging this week. There'll be FOs! There'll be quilting! There'll be a CONTEST!

I'm nearing my 200th post folks, and I intend to celebrate on the blog. Stay tuned.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, I can't pick a favorite because I love all the CE projects. Truly gorgeous. And I can barely imagine what you'd do with the yarn if LB had given you great colors to use.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is true folks I have SEEN the C-E stash and she still has a TON!
Love the retrospective!

9:51 PM  
Blogger aija said...

They're all great, but the little ones are so precious!

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, little Miss Molly is so cute in that sweater. Have you noticed that she is changing? Compare the pics from last year, she now looks like an elementary school pupil...lol, losing the 'puppy' face look.

I got me some books to learn how to knit up that huge stash of yarn that I have collected over the years, going back to the early 80s, does yarn rot?

Heather

7:00 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Wow, I guess you do like the Cotton Ease! And why not? It knits up beautifully.

8:57 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Nice knits. ;-)
Contest? Did someone say contest?

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You've been more productive just with Cotton-Ease than I've been with all my knits combined. Great knits! (And yay! contest!)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a cute first day sweater! All of the C-E sweaters are beautiful!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I love the cottonease ideas. If I were a better and faster knitter I'd be copying every single one of your projects.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, all those lovely knits truly tempts me to try Cotton Ease. Molly looks absolutely picture perfect with her cute Molly sweater.
Btw, thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't it look impressive (which it is!) when you put all your FOs together?

And welcome back, I've missed reading you.

8:53 AM  
Blogger laura west kong said...

wonderful knits, and yes, very angelic.

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home