Thursday, August 31, 2006

Trekking Update

School has started, the days are feeling cooler, and we bid a fond farewell to the delightful Trek-a-long.

I had my girls over for a photo shoot and I bring you the final results:

Left to right:

#109 purples, plain 2 x 2 rib sock (Ann Norling pattern) knit by Carla, modeled by Carla.
#71, blues, plain 2 x 2 rib sock (Ann Budd Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns) knit by Emily, modeled by Emily.
#133, pink and purple, (Ann Budd book again--it comes in handy if you are knitting socks for several sizes of people) knit by Emily, modeled by Molly.
#108, blues with browns and a little orange, plain 2x2 rib sock (Ann Norling pattern) knit by Jodee, modeled by Jodee.
Not pictured is Lydia, who was too busy doing her own trek on the golf course to join us. She finished a sock in #91. Must catch you later, Lydia!

Here'a an additional one started by Carla:

#107, pattern: RPM from Knitty.


A closer shot of Molly's #133. I loved this colorway so much I've started a sweater out of it.


# 155, a cool boy colorway, kind of camoflage-y. Next time I will hold the photo shoot as soon as the socks are done, not after they have been worn all summer.


#69, browns. Knit by Emily, modeled by Dave. What, doesn't everyone flag their husband down on his way to work for a quick photoshoot of socks?

Kids say: Whats going on over there? A photoshoot of feet? Gotta get in on that action....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful! I didn'tknow about the Ann Budd book. I ordered it immediately.I love your blog. Thank you for sharing with us.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Great photos. I like seeing them after they've been worn a bit. I say you can't judge a yarn until the sock has been worn and washed for a season or two.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great socks. The last photo is especially precious, though.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking car of us ( blogless Carla, Jodee and Lydia!) Love the shots!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see what I mean CARE of us not car of us!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Lovely socks, all of them!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home