Monday, November 27, 2006

It's a Bootie

A few of you smart cookies knew it was a bootie. Here you can see it growing...


And here they are done!

Photographed outside on our beautiful Thanksgiving morning and gifted to my B and SIL over the weekend.

I will definitly have more to say on the bootie pattern in upcoming months, as it is a favorite of mine. It's the Stay Put Baby Bootie, from Knitting for Baby, by Melanie Falick. Love that book.
Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn, color Robin Egg. I weighed the pair and they are 20gms. So you could get 5 pair out of one skein. (Or probably 2 pair and 2 newborn hats, if you weren't quite the bootie-knitting-machine.)

I finished the quilt, too.

And I'm very happy with it. Cheerful City. Just what the doctor ordered. Now if we could only get the baby to come out. My poor SIL started having contractions last Wednesday morning, on her due date. By evening they were just a few minutes apart and by midnight they were at the hospital. But apparently, they weren't strong enough (the contractions). So she was sent home. She's been to the hospital again later that week, and sent home again. Still having the contractions all week.

I haven't had an update in a couple of days, and I'm afraid to ask. Let's all send some good karma down that way and get that baby out!









I made this quilt with no templates, and no measuring. Just cutting some strips by eyeballing the width, and sewing them crooked-ly.

I have had several questions over the past few weeks both in the comments and in e-mail, and I'm sorry I've been so slow to answer. If you have asked a question, I intend to answer it! I have a yarn update on Thursday, a Santa Breakfast to work on Saturday and a Very Important Seven Year Old Boy Birthday to orchestrate on Sunday.

Then I will get organized!

Any suggestions having to do with a volcano/dinosaur/gooey/slime/gross cake would be greatly appreciated. Ok, maybe not the slime.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Ah, the 7 yr old birthday! Congratulations! I'm thinking Bundt cake, with a cup in center filled with baking soda , orange/red foodcoloring and then add some vinegar...not! Eww! Such a smelly mess and inedible too. LOL...How about green drippy icing and brown icing making a mountainous shape, and a dinosaurus sticking out of the cake like it fell down the volcano's mouth? Such artistry...Happy Birthday, and happy booties to you all...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Very cute booties! And the quilt is just beautiful.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

The booties are adorable. I keep intending to make some of those, but have no babies on the horizon at the moment to gift them to! And the quilt is beautiful...I love the colors!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Check these out. http://www.cookingcache.com/dessert/eruptingvolcanocake.shtml

and http://www.finkbuilt.com/blog/?p=61
If you do it, I think you should take a video and put it on YouTube for us. Have fun! (Sorry for the wonky spacing - I couldn't get it to work right.)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

My friend made a "dirt cake" for a bday--I think it was crushed up oreos + chocolate pudding? And she put lots of gummy worms in it. Oh, and you could have a dinosaur on top! And a fake volcano (ice cream cone covered in melted chocolate, with something dripping out...or maybe a sparker stuck in it? lol
good luck!

12:33 PM  
Blogger aija said...

The quilt is stunning! Sending good vibes for the baby :)

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home