Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thank You, Finishing, and Starting

Thank you to everyone who gave me ideas for styling Unflattering Pink Cardigan. You mean, I should try it on over something other than my pajamas?! Who knew?




Yes, over a monochromatic arrangement of top and bottom, I like it much better. I've even worn it in public. I thought about taking a picture of it on, but after 3 tries, I'm giving up. It set me back a week in blogging. That's what kills me, getting the pictures.



Moving on, I have one more thing on my knitting list to finish up before I dive into the new fall projects. It's yet another textured cotton cardigan. (I will be the charter member of Cute-Cotton-Cardigan-Anonymous.) I started it after I finished Belle, because I just couldn't get enough of the Mission Falls Cotton.

It's the Bay Cardigan from the Mission Falls "Simple" pattern book. Mission Falls 1824 cotton in white. I've decided to make 3/4 sleeves and change the neckline from v-neck to crew neck so it is a little different than Belle. (Like, really, it's white. Isn't that enough of a difference already!?)

I have now had completely enough of the 1824 cotton, so have my hands, but I'm soldering on to finish this pup because I would love to wear it! Today!

Moving on.... I did cheat on my little plan and start one thing already. It's lace, so it's completely different. Waves in the Square shawl by Sivia Harding (of Diamond Fantasy Shawl fame.) I love the way this shawl is square in the back instead of pointy. Sophie's Toes yarn in Deep Rose. It's nice to settle into a project that I'm in love with again....


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These blogs get me into so much trouble. I went and downloaded the Sylvia Harding pattern. The yarn is gorgeous too. It must be fun knitting with yarn that you custom colored. I love your unflattering cardigan too. Don't be so hard on yourself!

6:52 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

That shawl is going to be sooo pretty!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Knitty ad is there! Is your email ringing off the hook?!

Way to go. And thanks for bringing some sock yarn to Guild.

Gknitter

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home