Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mystery Project Revealed

Mittens! I can't believe nobody guessed it. Some of you came close. The entries were quite amusing! (Dog sweater! Cat bed! Seriously people, you cracked me up.)

Yes it is true, I've never made a mitten. They always intimidated me a little. Gusset, thumb, they seemed so....three dimensional.



So here we have our lovely model with a new hat and mitten set. The mittens are from the Ann Budd book, Knitters Handy Book of Patterns, and the hat is a made up pattern, but the flower on the hat is from the Tracey Ullman book Knit 2 Together.

The yarn is Twilley's Freedom Spirit, color 510 Sunset, and it took 2 balls for the whole shebang, but I have quite a bit left of the 2nd ball.

Since nobody guessed correctly, I will do a drawing from everyone who participated, and announce the winner tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll have a progress report on my girls' quilts, and hopefully some new knitting projects. We're getting ready for a Thanksgiving trip, so I need to squeeze in making a new bag, too!

I'll leave you with a tempting still life: "Quilt Blocks on Sunny Table."

7 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Mittens??!!!! Welcome to the fold. Aren't they fun?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

A new bag! Great- I was wanting one!

4:31 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

They're SO cute! (The model ain't bad either!)

I remember a pair my mother made of two strands of 4-ply! The were like brick weights, but warm.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Wow - so cute! I've been meaning to try some mittens myself. (My guess would have been boxer shorts, but I didn't comment in time.) Can't wait to see the quilts.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must have had to pay top dollar for your model. She's adorable! Thank you for such quick delivery on the Sophie's Toes this week. The yarn is gorgeous. You're the best!
Jeanne in Escondido

2:05 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful! The mitten set and the model. And the Sophie's Toes yarn-now if I can just get to knitting! Thanks so much.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mariella said...

Beautiful hat!
Check your Flickr email - your email addy did not come thru and I have no way to contact you.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home