Sunday, November 04, 2007

Annual Pumpkin Hat Photoshoot or "Kids in Knits"

I'd procrastinated long enough. I've been watching the weather forecast, and our temperatures are supposed to take a nose dive tomorrow so today was it.


We had a try-on session of last year's handknits, an emergency trip to the store for camera batteries, and a half-hour search for a missing sneaker. Armed with 6 rolls of film, 2 cameras, 3 pumpkin hats, and a comb, we trekked off to the park for our annual photoshoot of the kids in pumkin hats. (Also known as "torture Mommy".)
That's the Molly sweater from Junior Knits that still fits! And the Windmill sweater from Miss Bea's Colours that has a happy new owner!
Tiger sweater from 2 years ago still fits!
Individually, they're fine, but put them all together and that's where the torture comes in. Trying to get 3 kids to look at the camera at the same time, smile, and keep their hands off of each other.
It's a toss up between the one above and the one below. That's the best I got.




The normal shenanagins ensued....




One of my models took off....


If you want to compare them to last year's version, see it here.

Of the 104 photos I took (on the digital camera--that doesn't include the 5 rolls of film) this is my favorite. I think it's because I've been feeling like he is growing up so much, and here I captured him looking "little".
Goodbye lovely fall weather! We are sure going to miss you.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily those are priceless! I remember trying to get my girls to sit near each other for Christmas card photos - I use to bribe Amanda with a toaster waffle!
At least with digital you know if you got good ones.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

It's amazing how they grow from year to year isn't it?

You are lucky that they'll still wear the handknits. I have a brand new pirate sweater that's been on ds's body one time for a picture and I think he's outgrown it now. I knit for me only these days.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Great pic of your son skipping down the path. The pumpkin hats are sweet! Pumpkin and tomato hats were a favorite baby gift of mine for a while. I've got at least 4 new babies to knit for, so it may be "gardening" time again!

6:49 AM  
Blogger kimchi said...

omg these pictures are too sweet! ack, my teeth hurt! :o)
love the handknits, of course!
ek.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first picture with your girls going for a walk hand in hand is simply too beautiful for words!
This picture should be in an autumn magazine issue or a calendar.

Your youngest is quite the little miss now, isn't she?

When I saw the picture of your son, the game we used to play as kids came to mind, with slightly different wording: 'and the boy stands alone, the boy stands alone, hey oh, hey oh, the boy stands alone....LOL....silly I know, just couldn't resist it.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

I wandered over here from Knitting Iris -- cute pictures. And those quilts!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

I can't believe how grown up Ethan is! He looks like a big kid. Amazing photos. And even more amazingly beautiful children, you lucky girl.
Lovest Mel

5:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love the second one. Sooooo cute!!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh those pictures are precious. Cute kids. Funny how they don't sit still one year to the next huh? LOL

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home