Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's a Juggernaut!

Saturday morning, a beautiful sunny and brisk October day. Driving down the road with my kids in the back feeling relaxed and happy. Already finished with 2 soccer games and Cub Scout rocket launching, and it's only 11:30 am!

Beautiful!



Then I see it!


Do you see them?!?!



Christmas Trees!

Nothing can land on relaxation and happiness like a lead balloon quicker than Christmas decorations before Halloween. I'm not even talking about decorations in the stores, (which I know they put on the shelves as soon as they clear out the school supplies) this is done by the city. My tax dollars at work, people.


Christmas knitters, start your engines!

9 Comments:

Blogger rohanknitter said...

Why OH Why, can't they restrain themselves from putting out Christmas until after Halloween!?!

But the Christmas knitting is very cute!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

lol Try looking at it this way...at least as a taxpayer, you're getting your money's worth. Two whole months of decorations!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I saw egg nog at the grocery store last week! What is the world coming to?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

There oughta be a law; Not before Dec 1st!

3:36 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I'm gettin' my holiday knitting in gear, too. I'm trying to keep things reasonable this year. Fingers crossed.

And, yes, I agree that 2 months away is too early for decorations.

4:58 PM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

Drat! Am I behind already?

7:26 PM  
Blogger TURBOchic said...

UH! This drives me up the wall too. My local grocery store has all the holiday decor up. I just wanted to point at the mess and scream, "HALLOWEEN hasn't even past yet people! HALLOWEEN!!"

10:31 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Unbelievable!!!
It drives me crazy enough when I see the lights and decorations in peoples' yards on Thanksgiving night...it's as if it's the great Thanksgiving tradition to finish the turkey and then decorate for Christmas that very evening!! But this is too much!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I hear that it's a lot more pleasant to put up outside decorations while it's still nice out.

But you won't see it happening at my house!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home