Wednesday, April 22, 2009

House of Totes

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Thank you SO MUCH for all the fantastic comments and suggestions that you left on the vending post. I intend to reply to you individually but I haven't had a chance yet this week. Thank you!!


My mom and sister arrived tonight (Allison from Los Angeles and Mom from Indiana) and we are hanging out/packing/watching American Idol tivo'd/they are shopping in my mini-yarn store that I have packed in rubbermaid totes in the corner/and we are all planning our knitting projects for the weekend. We are leaving early in the morning for the quilt show.

Everyone deserves a new tote bag for the quilt show, don't you think?
I got this bug fabric last year at Hancock's of Paducah. I have this thing where I have to at least attempt to use a fraction of the fabric I get before I go back the following year.

My sister has dubbed my home "House of Bags and Totes." I admit, when I am getting ready for a trip there might possibly be totes hanging from every doorknob in the house.
Speaking of bags, have you seen this fabric from Alexander Henry? It's called Sew Now, Sew Wow! If I can find it this weekend, I'm buying a truckload.

Perfect bags for the knitting projects that will be coming along with us tomorrow.
Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Carla said...

I want Sophie's ! The grown up fabric does not do it for me but the bugs!!!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Carmen Rose said...

Key-Youte!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Have fun you guys!!!!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jackie's Stitches said...

Sounds like a great weekend - knitting, quilting, family, and a new bag!

8:55 PM  
Blogger stitching under oaks said...

love all those bags. I am a sucker when it comes to bags. You can never have too many.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Sandy W said...

I love the bug fabric. Do you know which fabric company it was from? Hope you had a great weekend.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

The pink snail fabric is from the "Creatures and Critters" collection by Robert Kaufman. I got it last year at Hancocks (of Paducah) but doing a quick google search I found a few places that still have it. Thanks for asking!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bags on the bottom of the page intrigue me. Is there a pattern, or did you improvise? My sister knits and I was thinking about making her something to store her needles in -- how long would you suggest I make the bag?

Lunachance

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home