Sunday, January 14, 2007

Kiefer Baby, Here I Come

Ok, friends, admit it. I'm not the only one excited about the prospect of 4 hours of 24 during the next two nights, and all the great, speedy, adrenaline pumping knitting that will be involved.

Do you have your projects planned? Something mindless, so you don't have to take your eyes off the screen?

In anticipation, I started a new sock yesterday. I just found this new yarn at LYS this week and was drawn to the tweedy goodness, and the prospect of subtle striping without all that fake -fairisley-crap that I'm not fond of. (But I mean that in the nicest possible way.)


Lana Grossa Colortweed Color 104. Tweedy Goodness with a capital T.


As I was knitting away, I was vaguely reminded of something similar. Oh yeah, a Sophie's Toes sock from last year. Color Lily Pad.



Oh yeah, in looking for that sock, I found all those seven single socks up in my drawer from last year. Ooops. I think I made a vow sometime in October to finish those up.

So, feeling guilty, I cast on another new sock. More of my own yarn, color Dramatic.


Or, there is this project that has also been calling me for a few weeks, and I think it might qualify for mindless enough. It's The Central Park Hoodie, from the Fall '06 Knitscene. Classic Elite Skye Tweed, color 1295 (purple).


Give me a shout out and tell me if you are watching, and what you are knitting.

And have fun!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pumped and ready for Jack!!

Am at the tricky part of a lovely shawl, but I think for the next two nights it'll be spinning thick-n-thin yarn out of some luscious, rainbow-y silk/merino roving....easy on the eyes, easy on the brain.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The foot of a plain sock. Locked and loaded for Jack!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just looking at my KnitScene Fall and remembered that i had admired that hoody.

I heard through the K&C grapevine that we both received the same Namaste bag for Xmas. I love mine.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm knitting Jaywalkers for Jack. But I kept getting so engrossed in the show that I found myself simply holding the sock and not actually knitting.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Working on another pair of felted clogs in Bears colors!! Go Bears. After two hours I could finally breathe again - can't wait for tonight!! Jack is back!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Love the colors in the new yarn! I'm also knitting a "mindless" pair of socks with some Cherry Tree Hill yarn gifted to me this summer by my sister. I'm not a "24" addict, though, so other TV shows will have to fill in.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aran for when I can pay attention...Wallaby for the mindless moments. Although heaven knows I have enough of those stalled socks myself to keep busy for many hours. TV-wise, I'm awaiting the return of LOST. Different Jack, same addictive potential.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....it was a great 4 hours. I worked on a sweater back until I realized it was long enough and I didn't have the directions handy so I put it down and went back to work on the triangles I am making for pillows. All very mindless....

teri

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tomme said...

I have plenty of mindless knitting going on, but no way could I knit while watching the 4-hr season premier of 24! This Sunday will be Battlestar Galactica, and more of the same.

Otherwise, I've been feverishly knitting red scarves for the Orphan Foundation of America's Red Scarf Project (http://www.orphan.org/ - click on Care Packages at the top). I got my quilting small group involved and we've been knitting and crocheting scarves (multi-tasking quilters, eh?). One more scarf to finish and then it's back to DH's sweater out of bulky baby alpaca -- soooo soft!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home