Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Greetings from Tired, Cranky, and Cold!

Nothing exciting or interesting to say here, so let's just move right along and show you the pictures:













Central Park Hoodie in Classic Elite Skye Tweed
Status: fronts and back currently blocking, sleeve just cast on.
Enjoyment factor: the pattern is fine but not loving the yarn.




























Noro Silk Garden scarf
Status: 72" long, but needs to be longer.
Enjoyment factor: it's been fun, but the fun started to fade around inch 70.




















Chicknits Ariann in Nashua Creative Focus
Status: 8" done on body. Having buttonhole issues, but working it out.
Enjoyment factor: love the pattern but hate the yarn. I waffled for a couple of months about this yarn but decided to forge ahead. Will probably regret it but I'm too far in now to turn back.

Dino quilt status: I finished quilting it in a couple of nights but then discovered that I didn't have any fabric left for the binding. Am still waiting for the brown truck to pull up and deliver that yard of blue fabric.....but he's been sleeping under it for a few weeks now (and probably growing attached to that edge of batting sticking out where the binding should be.)

Blogging status: switched to the new blogger and immediately regretted it. Although I didn't lose any of the blog (Thank God! It didn't even occur to me that that could happen) I did seem to lose my bloglines subscribers and Bloglines isn't updating me. And now I have to sign in both to Blogger with a password and Google (with a different user name and password) and neither will remember me.

Ok, so now that the whine fest is over, I am interested to know--those of you who use Typepad, what do you like about it? Do you keep the old posts if you switch?

I am contemplating a move. Maybe February (or March, who am I kidding--I am slow) will bring a big makeover to the ole blog! It's about time. Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sherry Schena said...

I heart my Typepad. I have been with them for 2 years and I tried others. I just don't even think about some of the issues I had to worry about with other applications. I don't even have to deal with comment spam, for the most part. Very responsive if I have questions. You sure have been busy. I hate to hear you aren't loving the Skye Tweed, I just bought some for a sweater for the 6 year old. I was hoping it would soften when washed.

11:30 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

I'm knitting "Fetching" from that classic elite tweed and not loving it either. It's so stiff and harsh! I've actually had to bandage one of my fingers in order to keep knitting. The first glove did soften up after washing, but that doesn't help the actual knitting process!

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No advice on Typepad but I moved from Blogger to Wordpress and love it - just so much easier and much more stable. Good luck with whatever you decide! I really like the yarn you are using for Arian - great color!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm using Classic Elite Skye Tweed for Dale's cabled vest and I like the yarn. Sadly, I think I'm going to run out. Eeek!
I use Movable Type, which is very similar to Typepad, and I like it a lot.

5:41 AM  
Blogger erin said...

you updated just fine on my bloglines. I really need to make an ariann. I had started one, but frogged it bc I wanted to use a different yarn. by the way, I'm slowing converting my knit group to the way of the Sophies toes. :)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

I haven't switched to the new blogger yet because I'm afeared, and it seems like with good reason. I love the colors of your current projects! Trust me, you don't sound that whiney - especially compared to the whining inside my head ;).

7:17 AM  
Blogger Trope said...

I've been holding out on New Blogger for as long as possible--I don't want to switch either! It defaults to my "real" gmail address and my real name, which confuses the heck out of everyone who knows me by my online name. Plus it decreases my anonymity in any flame wars I may want to start (ha!). The last time I logged into old Blogger, it told me that this was the last time I could do so. Thus, I've password-protected my screensaver and I'm just planning to keep my web browser open forever; maybe it will count as one really long session. We'll see.

I love the look of your cables and lace!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been with Typepad for almost a year now. I really love using it. It's very easy and they have a very responsive help desk team. One of these days I'll learn CSS so that I can upgrade my blog to do a very custom design. But so far I'm content to have it the way it is now.

By the way, I just found your blog a few weeks ago. I really love your quilts! Great colors!

www.lemontreetales.com

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've really been knitting up a storm!
I love Typepad. I think the format is very easy to use and the few times I've experienced any problems, my inquiries were answered quickly and thoroughly. Highly recommend!!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there's gonna be a mass exodus from Blogger....I am sick and tired of futzin' with spacing and pictures....and, while I don't have to sign into both, having to go to Google to sign in is a PITA.

teri

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Women's lingerie said...

Greeting in an act of communication that human intentional their presence known to each other, to show attention to, and to or contact with individuals or groups of people a kind of relationship between the social status suggest

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home