Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Losing Steam

I picked some of the last tomatoes today.


I'm gung-ho on the garden in May and June, but I tend to lose steam and let it go during the hot days of August and the busy back-to-school of September.


(Transition to knitting, using garden as metaphor)


(See, I'm getting arty on you in an attempt to show yet another photo of the shawl that doesn't look very different from the last one.)


Similarly, I'm losing a little steam on the shawl. I haven't been a one-project girl like this since the Knitting Olympics! Every row is 500 plus stitches, and it doesn't look very different from day to day.


But I still love it and will soldier on. The goal is finished shawl by this weekend....

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

Oh Emily, you wouldn't believe how many things I'm losing steam on! Send positive vibes that I'll finish putting the kids' bathroom back together in the next week or two. Your shawl is still very, very pretty.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Yuriko said...

It's gorgeous! Keep it up! :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The colors in your shawl are gorgeous.......it will be worth it!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

What a beautiful color! Keep at it!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Krystal said...

Your shawl is really gorgeous. Don't worry about losing steam... I'm knitting Icarus and I'm losing steam lol! I only have close to 350 stitches... :) Keep up the good work!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home