Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Advent Stockings!

Remember my mini-stocking sweatshop from last year? I have to admit, I'm not ready for the full-blown Christmas decor just yet, but I was excited to get these out and see them again.


Even though I finished all the socks last year, I ran out of steam when it came to doing the embroidery and figuring out a nice place to hang them. Lame! We still used them, just without the numbers.

But now, after a year off, I have renewed enthusiasm! I will embroider! I will knit I-cord! I spent way more time than I really should have late last night, arranging and re-arranging them into my favorite color order. Then I worked on the embroidery, which was touch-and-go, since I had the bad feeling that they were good the way they were and I was ruining them with the embroidery. But they have to have numbers.......right?


Now I just have a couple of miles of I-cord to knit this afternoon and we'll be all set. Happy December!


3 Comments:

Blogger rohanknitter said...

Awww, it's so cute! Great idea with the i-cord.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

Love it Em! I can't wait to see them hanging up.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great project done. beautiful knitting.
African Wax Print Fabric | African George Fabrics

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home