I mentioned last week that the blanket was happily zipped away in it's little plastic ziploc marination chamber. Daunted by the blocking, I was happy to let it marinate for an indefinite period of time.
However, just a few days after I wrote that blog post I got an e-mail asking me to fill in with a last-minute program for our knitting guild (how could I say no--I love them so much).
I decided the lecture would be on color and creativity and a big part of the program would be about creatively using up your leftovers and orphan skeins. It would be the perfect time for Barn Raising to make her debut! I needed to sew those squares together, stat!
I borrowed my friend Blogless Carla's blocking board and was able to block all 49 squares in only 4 shifts (nearly painless, really.) I LOVE THIS BLOCKING BOARD!
Coincidently, it is the same one that Alicia just wrote about here. I am going to have to invest in one of these suckers. Especially since we no longer have a guest bed for blocking (darn kids, taking up those bedrooms.)
Well, I wish this story had a happy ending, but I'm just keepin it real here folks. I did not get the blanket done in time. I sewed the squares into 7 columns, but didn't get all the columns sewn together. Here it is in it's final layout with 4 columns sewn together:
Next time you see it, though, it will be DONE!