Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Week Where Aunt Em Gets to Hug You and Say "Oh My! You're Getting So Big!"

Have I said this before?  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  All of the hanging out with the family playing cards and eating.  Without all the pressure of the decorating and the presents.  And lots and lots of cooking.  Love.  That.  Cooking.  

This year is Dave's family which means:  seeing the little cousins.  Can you believe it--my kids are the "big kids!"  We have 4 little cousins age 5 and under.  I am so excited.  I am working on something for the littlest niece who hasn't received her baby quilt yet.  I will not out myself and tell you how old she is now.


Her mom is an English Teacher so I believe she is a big reader.  This piece you are looking at is about 20" wide and 40" high, so you are looking at half the quilt.  There will be two "stacks".

In between sewing strips, I've stocked up on construction paper, tissue paper, crayons, pine cones and googley eyes.  Looking forward to a couple days of serious toddler art.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!   Stay safe and eat pie!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Deanna said...

It is thrilling to catch up on your blog. Happy Thanksgiving!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Jen Mc said...

I love that quilt! I hope you enjoyed your family time

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home