Monday, February 16, 2015

Colorful Day Cowl




Hello Friends!  Happy February already!  

We have survived many days of frigid temps here in Chicago and my friends have declared 2015 "The Year of the Cowl". So practical--warm like a scarf but it doesn't get messed up or tangled--you just put it on and it stays right there.

I designed this cowl using a Magic Ball during a particularly grey week of January.  I intended it to be useful; I wear cowls a lot during the winter, even indoors (mostly in the evening for an extra boost of warmth.)  But I found an added benefit to this cowl as I was knitting it—the colors were really uplifting during a particularly bleak month.  It turned my “grey days” into “colorful days”!  And I quickly knit three cowls in rapid succession!  



Carla in "Pastel Baby", Laura in "Maple Leaf" and I'm in "Enchanted Forest"
  
I want to share this pattern with you in the hope that it brightens your day too.  You can download it for free on Ravelry right here.  Enjoy!

Molly in "Maple Leaf"

p.s.  The pattern contains instructions for making your own magic ball but if you would like to purchase a Sophie's Toes Magic Ball you can find them in my etsy shop.  There will be an update next week on Tuesday night, February 24th. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home