Saturday, February 12, 2005

Hood Progress

I'm closing in on the hood! Hoods are a serious committment to me. It's almost like knitting another (bleeping) back. I think "I'm almost done, I just have the hood", like its a collar or neckband, or something. Wrong-O!

But, now that I only have another couple of inches, I'm getting excited. I'm in the wonderful end phase where I'm so close that I love the project again. Full steam ahead!!!



A couple of people who's blogs I adore have visited the past few days! And left comments! First Leslie (see her Feb 2nd entry for super-cute felted bags), then Blue Blog Alison. To answer Alison's question about what yarn I am using, it is Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted weight. Honestly, its a much more "ordinary" yarn than I ususally use, but I'm liking it just fine. And at $5.50 per ball, (and I got it at the Wool and Company sale for 40% off) I'm making this sweater for barely over $20. Gotta love that. I bought the yarn at the sale, just for love of the color (N64 Platt River Blue) without knowing what I would use it for, but within the day it was clear that it would be Mariah.

Thinking of what big project I might cast on next....here is another picture of yarn from the dye day last weekend.

This brown is the "after."

And here's the "before". Believe It Or Not! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home