Friday, May 20, 2005

Quilting Sunflowers

For lo, these many months, I have been a knitting maniac. I have been blessed with a lot of knitting time this spring, time in the car waiting to pick up kids, time at night when I have been too exhausted to do anything but collapse on the sofa and knit to the TV without moving for at least two hours. Especially since January, when my husband was traveling so much with his job that he went for something like 13 weeks (we lost count) without being home for more than three days at a time.

But I have a couple of things coming up with my real job (quilting) and I am getting my rear in gear and getting in the studio in the evenings to finish up some stuff.

Here is what my studio looks like today:


A completely un-edited look. I have an extra table pushed up to my sewing table to support the big quilt. I have the top fused, and am doing a tiny zig zag stitch around all the pieces. I hope to finish that step today and sandwich and baste it tomorrow morning while my husband does Saturday morning cartoons with Daddy.

Then it needs to be quilted and bound in three weeks to go with me to L.A. when I go with two friends to shoot two episodes of Uncommon Threads, a new needlework show for D.I.Y.


Here is a close up of the quilt in progress.

I'm also having a solo exhibit of my quilts at the Minnetrista Cultural Center in Muncie, Indiana (my hometown) all summer. The show opens June 18th, and I have all the quilts finished for that show, but I'm running around finishing the little details like postcard announcements, revising my mailing list, updating my website, and making an educational display.

E-mail me (emily at emilyquilts dot com) if you want a postcard!
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Hey, when are you doing the Uncommon Threads shoot? I'm going out there in July.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Hooray for L.A.!

I can't wait! I get to show my big sis and her buddies around my adopted hometown!

I've been dying for you to bring this up in your blog, because I didn't want to spill the beans.

I'll have the marching band waiting with ticker tape at the airport!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home