Saturday, August 20, 2005

Kids Knitting

It's August, the time of year when I get the nagging feeling that if I don't start some back-to-school knitting, it's not gonna happen. Sort of the same feeling I get around December 24th about Christmas gifts.

So here, last but not least in the Parade of Pink FOs, is the Miss Bea sweater. Hopefully she will consent to wear it this fall with something other than her pjs.



I also finished one funky knee-high. I think it is not quite long enough, and plan to cut a row just under the 2" of ribbing at the top, and knit it about 1.5" longer. This is Lorna's Laces sock yarn, the first time I've tried it. I have heard it pools, and my experience was that it does. I cast this on my usual size 1s, and all the dark pink and tan lined up on one side, the light pink and light blue on the other side. Tried again on size 2s with the same number of stitches, (44) and all is well! What a difference one needle size makes, I was amazed.



In knitting for the little tiger in my life, I showed you a mystery project a week or so ago. Here is the finished front:



I am thrilled that he likes it, because he is getting to the age (going into kindergarden) where I can't dress him in anything I want. This is from Zoe Mellor's "Animal Knits."

Here's his cute little face:



Yeah, be prepared later for a photo of ten thousand ends to be worked in.

And what am I knitting for the third munchkin in my life? Ready to cast on: Sam from Mission Fall's "Wee Knits", in you-guessed-it.


Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Some folks talk about weaving in the ends as they go, somehow while knitting the next rows, but I don't know how to do this.
I love the pattern for the sweater for your littlest one!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Anna Lear said...

those are so sweet! I adore the tiger... I haven't had the courage to do a pattern yet, but maybe this year. and oh, yeah, it IS time to start knitting those warm winter sweaters, isn't it?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Congrats on getting Lorna's to behave!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home