Thursday, August 04, 2005

Seedstitch Monstrosity

Not much time to chat tonight, but here's a feeble attempt to get back in the regular habit of blogging. The past few weeks have been really busy with the kids, but I have been continuing my finishing frenzy! I have a pile of FOs thats going to be obnoxious if I show them all at once, so here goes with the first.

Baby blankie, just a plain seedstitch square. Yarn: "Baby Cover". 100% superwash wool, soft as a cloud. I decided to sew a satin blanket binding around it to jazz it up.

I pinned and basted the binding first:


Then sewed it by machine, close to the edge:



Mitered the corners and sewed those down too:



It took me days to procrastinate about the sewing part, and just an hour or so to do it. Here's the full view, modeled by a chair:



And the baby shot:



Another gratuitous baby shot, I couldn't resist!


Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Ooooo Sophie is so adorable!!! O and the blankie is so yummy. Good idea to put a binding of pink satin around it. Satin is good for sucking a thumb and rubbing a cheek. I was once a kid you know.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Far from a monstrosity!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Anna Lear said...

ooh, that IS a yummy blanket, and a yummy baby, too! a perfect mitre, too... I just can't get them right. maybe I'll try again, though -- thanks for the blanky inspiration!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

The blanket is wonderful! I love the color of the yarn and the seed stitch. The satin edging is perfect. And the baby...just too cute!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I love your blog, but you aren't helping me to NOT start knitting again. First you make a beautiful easy blanket.. THEN you throw a beautiful baby in the mix. Now I can't stop thinking about getting varigated wool, and satin binding! It took me a couple of days to get over Melody's socks. I even went to look at yarn. But since the yarn I liked would have produced a pair of socks that cost 20.00, I passed. I was okay until I saw both of your beautiful pieces of work. Teri B

7:36 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Looks lovely! You've just given me an idea of how to save my boys' blankies. They rub the edges so much that I've had to reknit them a couple of times already. I could just put a binding on it. Brilliant! And it looks so great.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Blankie is cute! Call me crazy but I think Sophie looks just like Grandma Parson in those picts! Especially the top one.

Am I crazy or do you see it?

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home