Sunday, December 11, 2005

Pink Tulips

Hi guys! It's the Survivor finale! (No Jan, I didn't forget, I did forget one of the first times it was on a Sunday, never again!)

In honor of the big day, I bring you finished quilt, "Pink Tulips":



Detail shots:








And here it is, hung above my mantle. We moved in 8 years ago, and it's taken me that long to make a quilt to hang in the focal point of my house. Oh well, I did birth a few babies during that time.


And here is what you've all been waiting for: the Fleece Artist sock yarn, reclining on the mantle among the Christmas decorations:

Survivor Contest Winner gets to choose, the denim colorway or the deep purple colorway. So give it up ladies, who's it gonna be? Tell me who you think will come in 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st. You will get a point for each right answer you get. (Hear that Jodee, there's still hope!). My post-it notes indicate that Jan has 2 points, and Lauren has 1, but this has yet to be confirmed by the accounting firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say: Danni, Lydia, Stephanie, and Rafe, going from 4th to 1st. I do hope Rafe wins.

And I'll be knitting a last-minute-Christmas-Wombat. I kid you not.
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you all KNOW I will not be watching but I figure I have as good a chance as anyone else( now that Emily has been kind enough to list the names I too will guess! I will be knitting Christmas knitting!
Here goes my guess : Lydia, Stephanie, Danni and Rafe

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention the quilt is out of thhis world! I LOVE it!

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here goes...Stephanie, Lydia, Danni, Rafe. Rootin' for Rafe.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it, too...forgot to mention the quilt! It is gorgeous and, I would say, well worth the wait. It looks fabulous in that spot, too!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm late but hopefully it's not over yet (I'm taping it). I'm going with Danni winning. Does it kinda count if I gave my pics on saturdaynight's tvblog?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

And DAMN that quilt is gorgeous! Perfect in that spot.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got caught up in knitting and forgot to vote!! Oh well it was fun anyway. The quilt is beautiful!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible! Did you do the quilting too?

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch Survivor, but had to comment on the quilt. It's incredibly gorgeous and looks fantastic above the mantel. We've had a bare mantel for the past year and half, but I can't figure out what to put there. Anyway, congratulations!

12:42 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Yay!!! A spectacular new quilt!! Yay Emily! It proves to me that knitting only improves our ability to make great quilts! Yay again!!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful! It looks perfect above the mantle. Outstanding!
(I'm way late with my survivor predictions...guess I can't do it now that I've seen the end!)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home