Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Quilt is Finished

Today is Wednesday.

My solo show opening is Saturday.

On Saturday, I fully intend to show to the world (well, to the few friends and neighbors who stop by for free food) my calm, self-assured exterior. But to you, my bloggy friends, I admit that Mommy is a bit high-strung. Which means: this family of five is a bit high-strung.

Yesterday I finished my quilt:


Sunflowers. (c) Emily Parson, 2005.

Today, I photographed her:

I thought it was a blog-worthy thing to do, to take a picture of my set-up for taking pictures. That's my garage, with 3 doors covered with black felt hanging on the outside. I've used this method for 8 years, and it works pretty well (unless it's raining, of course, or the middle of the night.) Today I was blessed with a beautiful overcast day. Perfect.

Here are some detail shots:





On the knitting front, there's not a ton to report. A few false starts with making the fronts of my Vogue bolero match up. It really does help to read the pattern.

I have part of it sewn up and it feels wonderful on. That's Rowan Cash Cotton if you are just joining us. This would be great to take to L.A. next week for my trip to shoot Uncommmon Threads/see my brother. But no pressure.


The three-year-old-girl socks are cute as pie. (Fleece Artist sock yarn.)

Ok, if you know me, you know what I do when I am stressed, is cast on new projects. The more the merrier! Here's what I did today, the start of the sleevee, "Hush" from Rowan's The Calmer Collection.

Can knitting with Calmer make a person, well, calmer? Probably not, if the color is "Coffee Bean."
Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your quilt is fantastic, I love it, good luck for the show.
Yvette

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the quilt is gorgeous! I love the detail shots. Beautiful work.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It's gorgeous. And so big! I love the fiery sunflower colors.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

What an amazing quilt! I can't even imagine being able to create something like that. Good luck on your show!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just am in awe! So wonderufl.

2:55 PM  
Blogger The Ride Report from Mud Creek said...

That certainly is blog-worthy! And your sunflower quilt is stunning, I love all the detailed quilting.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Wish I had been there to lend moral support, but we'll make up for it next weekend!

Can't wait!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Someone else who photographs quilts on her garage door!! Brilliant.

Fabulous quilt.. great colors and textures. I love it.

Good luck with your show. Wish I were close enough to come visit (especially with that free food...)

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home