Monday, March 05, 2007

Good Mail Day

Anybody remember this?

Well, lookie what landed in my mailbox yesterday!

It's the Art of Quilting DVD, from PBS. They came to Chicago more than a year ago to interview me and my buddies about art quilting and the Chicago School of Fusing.

It's airing around the country in March during the pledge drives. It was produced by Wisconsin Public Television, and they offer it to all stations, but each station individually can choose to pick it up or not, and they also individually determine the air date and time.

So, while I wish I could say, "watch it on so and so date, at so-and-so time", but instead I have to say "Check your local listings."

My mom will be watching it in Muncie today at 12:30! Hi Mom!


So far I don't see it listed in the Chicago area, but I will keep you posted.

The big thrill yesterday was seeing my quilt on the cover of the DVD. It even has the quilt on the actual disc itself! Pretty!















The background looks grey in the photo but it's really more of a light blue. If you want to see a better photo of the quilt and close ups of the quilting, it's here. And if you can't find the program in your area, you can get the DVD and support PBS here.

Thanks for all of your comments yesterday! Keep those votes coming. I took a lot of photos yesterday and have projects to show.....

10 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

Way to go - how cool to be the cover girl!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations on having the cover. That is fantastic! Flat tire? That stinks. I don't know what is going on, but I must have done something awful like kick puppies in a former life since the universe keeps tossing curves this way, too. Maybe it is some kind of life lesson about keeping things in perspective. Hang in there--time to yourself is really important.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I JUST BLOGGED ABOUT THIS!! No lie. I was blogging it and wanted to come and link to you and look at your post.

I WATCHED THE SHOW LAST NIGHT! Purely by coincidence. I was flipping around and though Art of Quilting - sounds like fun - and THERE YOU WERE! I called G in to look and said - see that woman? It totally traded emails with her today and she helped me with my sweater that I'm knitting RIGHT NOW. WHILE I'M WATCHING HER ON TV! How cool is that?!?!?!?!?

Congratulations on the cover. You work is so inspiring!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I found your blog over a year ago when I first stumbled across Melody's blog. I just discovered recently that you are from Muncie! We lived in Muncie for about four year (1999-2003) and loved it. Lived in an old craftman style house sort of near Minetrista. My best friend still lives in Muncie - so I still miss it! Have you been to the quilt store there? It is right there on McGalliard across the street from CHili's. My husband taught in the architecture department at Ball State while we were there.

Thanks for sharing all your great work with us!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sister! All I can say is...YOU GO GIRL!!!! On another note...I think I helped Sarah, the above commenter, at JoAnn's many times! Her picture is very familiar!
If she is looking at this comment, I was a manager, resident fabric goddess, (and aspiring hat designer) from 2000-2005! What a small world!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Em, thanks for posting the link on where to buy the dvd, because here in Chicago of all places they decided not to pick up the show!!! I can hardly wait to see you guys in all your fusing glory. I was telling Laura the other day she should have a viewing at her condo with champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Emily -

this is Sarah again. Tell your sister Allison that I am sure we have met too. Went back and looked at her picture and she looks really familiar too. I sure she has cut fabric for me MANY times! That is too funny!

I have a yarn/dyeing question for you now. I have a light grey 100% cotton sweater that I love to wear but am a little tired of the color. I have some procion dyes sitting here from dyeing fabrics this summer. Is it possible for me to dye this sweater? I know that the original grey color will influence the color I end up with but anything is better than grey. I am thinking maybe a blue. Would it work? Do I need to soak it in soda ash water first?

Thanks for your help!

9:04 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Hello - just found your blog - I linked you to mine about the Anna Williams peice you wrote about last year - I am on an Anna Williams High at the moment. Nice to find a lovely new blog to read. Did you ever quilt the top?

5:36 AM  
Blogger katie said...

www.whatkatiedid.typepad.com
thats where i am

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing everyone,it gave voice to all of the people who's blogs I visit.Today I thought I spotted you at an auction on a episode of Cash in the attic,celeb sighting?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home