Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympic Knitting Update: Pass the Smelling Salts

Knitting that is this monotonous really gives a person time to think.

Just out of curiousity, I wonder how many stitches there are in that mile of stockinette?
Let's see:

Approximately 320 stitches per round.

Times

Approximately 115 rounds so far. (No I didn't stop to count, I just know that there are 8 rounds between increases and decreases and a little extra for the waist and ribbing)
Equals (drum roll please): 36,800 stitches.

That's really all I have to say right now. I think I need to go lie down.
p.s. I held the sweater up last night and asked Dave to guess how many stitches. He said 2,400. Hah! Amateur!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Dave - poor showing dude- really?

12:30 PM  
Blogger amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

you are a freaking goddess

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Knitting math!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

5:05 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Go, GO, GO!

You've almost finished the boring bit! I love that "pattern" and the color choices you've made.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Don't count the stitches - count the therapeutic effect!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Cathy R said...

I often depress myself by calculating the number of stitches in any given project.

I am careful to do it after I am finished, though, because otherwise the daunting number of stitches might scare me away from finishing the project!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Those miles of purple are mighty pretty!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home