Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy (Sad) New Year




Hello Peeps,
Just popping in to say I’m still here.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and relaxing week after all the hubbub.  We had a wonderful Christmas day, in spite of a dark cloud hanging over us.  Dave’s mom fell ill after Thanksgiving and has declined rapidly.  She has been in and out of two different hospitals plus a nursing home just in a few weeks.  She’s now back in the hospital, a few hours away, with a prognosis of just a few days to live.

It has been very hard month for Dave.  We have tried to shield the kids from the details but the time is coming when we will have to tell them.   She is a wonderful grandma to them and it is going to be hard.

The photo is a detail from a quilt I finished last fall and just entered in the Paducah quilt show.  I realize that I can now count on more than one hand the quilts I’ve finished and haven’t properly documented on the blog.  Well then.  I guess somebody just made a New Year's resolution.  

Lots of love,
Em

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy W said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It's a difficult time to work through. We're in Green Bay and my mother-in-law is in Baton Rouge, LA. She's 90 and is not doing well. We're making a trip down there later this week to see her. The distance makes it tough. Take care.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Carolyn I. said...

Love and prayers to you and your family.

College friend Carolyn

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Emily,
Just read this. So sorry.

Love, Kay

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home