Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Here's Something




Hi Peeps!  Thank you for your sweet comments on that last post.  Going through my photos from this spring, I was reminded yet again of the quilts I've made this past year or so that never got documented on the blog.  So here's something.


Remember this quilt?  That was September.  I gradually sewed blocks during September, October, and November:
 

 

  And sewed the blocks together:


I basted it in December:






Check out this beautiful backing.  The backing is Marimekko fabric from the Crate and Barrel outlet in Naperville.  (Close enough that I go there at least once a year but not so close that I get in too much trouble.)  The backing is not only spectacular, but it is a cotton sateen--slightly heavier weight than a quilting cotton with a nice sheen. It gives the whole quilt a nice heft, and makes it extra cuddly.


 I quilted it during frigid January:


It wasn't my most favorite quilt ever.  It wasn't for anyone in particular.  Or any special occasion.  But. It was something good to work on.  Steadily.  And the dots make me happy.  And I bought some of the fabric in Paducah with my mom and sister, so that's always a happy and excellent thing to be reminded of.

I finished it one cold January night while my favorite men were watching a Bulls game.  I took it in the sunroom to show it off.  Yay!  Mom's done with the quilt!  Nice quilt mom!  Good job!  Seconds later, it was confiscated. 

Used, cuddled, loved.


(Um, seriously, Mom, this better not be going on the internet.)

 

A few hours later, it was surrepticiously taken up to the Teenage Boy Cave, never to be seen again. 
Which makes me so very very happy.  I'd call that a favorite.

3 Comments:

Blogger starflash quilts said...

Love these KFs, but they are soooo expensive in the UK. I have treated myself to a very few and sprinkle them about sparingly. Really lovely quilt!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Renee Anne said...

Gorgeous! Someday I hope to learn to quilt...but I think I spend too much of my time knitting.

Maybe when I'm old and can't see anymore...

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Deanna said...

Well done!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home