Monday, March 17, 2008

Got Yoke?

Wasn't yesterday March 1st? How did that happen? We went all of January and February with the days dragging on like molasses, and now March is speeding by like....well, whatever. Picture something speedy. That's March.

I've pretty much spent most of March starring in my own movie "If It's Tuesday, I Must Be in the Doctor's Office With a Sick Kid." Seriously, three weeks in a row. I guess that's what happens when ya got three kids.

But we're on the mend, the sun is shining, and I'm ready to roll. It seems like a collective sigh went around blogland the past week or so, with the weather warmer and everyone feeling like spring is finally on the way.

And thank goodness, because I was really running out of ideas. Um, paint your hands and them spread it anywhere you want? Sure, kid, whatever keeps you busy!


This darling daughter is a little rascal.

The other evening I told her to come back to the dinner table and finish her milk. She poured on the drama: "No! I not finish my milk! (Thinking.) It waste my time (dramatic pause) and it hurt my feelings!"

Well, then, there's a couple of excuses I haven't heard yet. Thanks for keeping things interesting!


So, am I telling you kid stories to distract you from the fact that knitting and quilting has been slow?

Maaaybeee.

Ok, I predicted (about three weeks ago) that yoking was imminent.

Still loving both these sweaters.


Here's a full view of the Cable Cardigan. It's starting to look like a real sweater, yes?

The yoke is kind of weird, it seems to have a lot of different stitches that don't really relate to each other. But I referred back to the photo in the magazine, and it does look like the original picture, and I liked it there, so I think I will like it here too. Blocking will help.
And here's a close up of the front edges. The lower part (before the yoke) has been blocked, but the edges still look raw or kind of junky. The pattern has you leave the edges as is, but I think I will tame it with a small seedstitch edging.


Ta ta for now, and here's hoping that the milk doesn't hurt your feelings.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scrappy Raven said...

Cute photos of your daughter. Brought back memories of my daughter at this time of year,as a preschooler, and how we were getting a little cabin fever by now. Love the sweaters. Gorgeous knitting and gorgeous color.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Oh what beautiful cabely goodness :)

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the daughter that will someday take over writing your blog. She's very creative in her speech. KS

9:33 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

The sweater is gorgeous. Love, love, love the cables, and the color.

Also love the daughter story. I'm going to borrow those lines when my husband comes home and asks about the state of the housework. "But I can't do housework! It's a waste of my time. And it hurts my feelings. Brilliant.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home