Thursday, February 25, 2010

NBC News Update: Olympian Behind by a Sleeve

It's my own fault. My heart just wasn't in it this year. I picked a really boring project that just didn't keep my interest and I didn't knit enough during the first week.

I also didn't take into consideration how much yarn I would need to be dyeing each week of February to have enough for my booth at the Madison Knit-In in March. So, I've been a good worker bee yarn-wise, but my Olympic knitting has suffered.

According to my diagram (raise your hand, you geeky knitters who made a chart showing how much knitting you needed to accomplish each day to finish on time) I should be finished with the second sleeve and madly yoking around by now.

As it is, I have just started the second sleeve and am on schedule to be finished a day or two after the closing ceremonies.

The only thing that might save me is my sick kid at home yesterday and today, who is keeping me inside and in hovering range, instead of out in the garage in dyepots. I knit almost that whole first sleeve yesterday, and if I can keep up that stamina today, I might have hope to be knitting the yoke by tonight (ladies figure skating!).

I'm not giving up quite yet!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

love the "news update"! I too am behind, by a whole sock! I have #1 sock almost finished, will never get to #2 in time. Darn that lace pattern!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly-ann said...

You are making excellent progress. I love the purple! The only reason I am a little bit ahead on my sweater is because I am worried I will run out of yarn...I guess I think knitting faster will prevent me from running out.

Have you ever been to the Knit-in? It sounds like a great experience. I will have to try to make it up there some year.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it!!! But if not, who cares? You got a lot of knittind done in the last two weeks!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

You are better off than I am - I am out for a Bulls game tomorrow night - ( don't think I can bring knitting) Going to the eye doctor in the am and will be blind for several hours and work a few hours on Sunday so I am not looking good-

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home